Monday, April 12, 2010

Evade Obliteration, Endure Anguish, Engage Bliss


Think Creatively!
  • Identify and discuss some of the creative elements of your collage.
I represented my collage as a pond. The part of the Lost Boy’s journey that took place in Africa was inside the water, and the part that took place in America is in the black section. On the top is a stick labeled as United Nations, and string that has a picture of heaven attached to its end, and lowers into the water part of the collage. This was a fishing rod that symbolized how the United Nations helped take the Lost Boys out of their distressing situation, catching them with the bait of heaven, and pulling them out into America. I made the country pictures slightly more elevated than the rest of the poster so that it would stand out.

Reason Critically!
  • How did you use the images and text that you selected to highlight your understanding of the Lost Boy’s situation?
I had a list of conflicts that had taken place in each segment of their journey and found several pictures for each conflict. I expressed my knowledge of the conflicts through the pictures, and added words for the conflicts I could not find a picture for. I kept my memoir as the biggest words because I wanted that to stand out. It was the theme that brought my collage together, and my memoir highlights my understanding of the lost boy’s situation.

Communicate Effectively!
  • Explain how your collage creates awareness for the Lost Boys’ plight.
My collage creates awareness for the lost boy’s plight by showing many images that reflect their emotions, their sights and their experiences throughout their journey. It shows most of what they have had to go through and endure on their journey, focusing on the conflicts they faced. It gives the viewer an insight into what they have been through on their journey, so that they may add to their knowledge and respect the Lost Boys and their plight.

Live Ethically!
  • Explain how you think your collage demonstrated empathy and might evoke an emotional response from your viewers and/or incite them to act.
I think when my viewers see the collage; they will realize what a tragic situation the Lost Boys are truly in. There are particular photos, (like the starving infant, the baby lying hunched next to a crow, or the thin child crawling and begging on the streets) that will cause them to immediately feel sympathy for the Lost Boys. Pictures like these will incite them to act, and they may be inspired to find out how they can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment